Do you have issues, dilemmas or situations that you are struggling to deal with or come to terms with? I am a fully qualified Person Centered Counsellor/Psychotherapist. I have dealt with a wide range of difficult issues, having counselled many individuals looking to overcome their problems of the past and present, and build a much more fulfilling life. I am fully aware of how issues such as depression, anxiety, bereavement, addiction, low self-esteem and confidence and what caused them, can have a real impact on your day-to-day life. With me you will have a confidential, safe and empathetic space. You will be truly listened to in a genuine and completely non-judgmental way. I will show you that you are the expert on yourself and you have the inherent ability to resolve, address and overcome your problems without being pressured.
Let us walk together on your journey.
I have been working in the Mental Health sector for over 5 years.
I have set up a counselling service for CGL (Change, Grow, Live) Nuneaton where I have been counselling for the past two years, helping people with addiction issues such as high level anxiety, depression, feelings of helplessness, low self-esteem and shattered confidence, to name but a few.
I help tutor L2 Certificate in counselling skills at Coleshill Counselling Services:
- L4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- L3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- L2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- L1 Introduction to counselling
- Review present mentally debilitating issues.
- Review and discuss the influence of the past on the present.
- Truly listen to you without judgment or bias.
- Improve mental wellbeing by being heard and understood.
- Identifying what is causing mental stress.
- My aim is to help you whatever you are struggling with mentally – for example, anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, depression, feeling sad, panic attacks, family issues, low self esteem and confidence, stress or feelings of helplessness.
- I am dedicated to providing a completely non judgmental, genuine and empathetic space for you to be listened to and understood.
- Confidentiality is strictly adhered to in order for a relationship of trust and understanding to be able to develop as the service I provide is a joint therapeutic relationship directed by you the client, NOT me!
- I offer Person Centred Counselling which is non-directive, believing you have the inherent ability to identify and resolve your issues with empathic support.
- I am able provide guidance and insight, allowing you to concentrate on the issue you need to resolve at your own pace.
- I endeavour to help you learn to love, accept and respect yourself for who you are and what you want to become.
- Above all my goal is to help you to become mentally healthier and obtain more fulfilment out of life. The potential is there in everyone!
‘The counselling I am having is really helping me start to understand myself and my behaviour. I am feeling the benefits every week. I would highly recommend Jon.’
‘I was referred to Jon Knowles through Change Grow Live, and although doing an Honours Degree in Psychology have always been somewhat sceptical of counselling. I went through a few councillors after my service in the Armed Forces, but never found the experience worthwhile or rewarding possibly down to my own resistance to the process. However, personal circumstances brought me into the service of John and people have commented I am a different person. He has worked with me and through his impeccable professionalism, empathy and most assuredly patience, has changed my whole view of counselling and the life changing benefits that he has helped me achieve. He has helped me address so many issues, from my problems with alcohol to my general presentation and social interaction. Due to his continued professional guidance I am happy to say that I am 7 months abstinent, and have a whole new set of tools to deal with given stressful situations. I am truly for the first time in a long time, looking to the future with confidence and John is the main person I have to thank for that’.
‘My sessions with Jon have really helped me deal with the underlying issues in my life that have caused me great worry and stress which in turn have led to issues with alcohol, Jon was able help me to look at these problems from a different angle and analyse them. This gave me the power to view my worries and concerns from a different perspective which has helped me no end in dealing with them and how to cope with future issues that may come my way.’
‘I wanted to say thank you, I know It’s still early days, but our sessions really helped me to work some things out for myself that I had been carrying and struggling with.
I feel for the first time in years, I am recognising myself again, and not only that but importantly, I am also starting to feel confident enough to be myself rather than being what I think I ought to be. The challenge now is what to do with the possibilities that this is starting to create! and I’m sure this will present me with its own issues, but I’d rather face those new problems than the feelings of being trapped and stuck that I had before.
So thanks again Jon.’
‘I began my weekly therapy sessions with Jon just over four months ago. I was a little anxious about starting because asking for help is quite daunting. However, Jon made me feel very much at ease right from the offset. Over the weeks he has helped me to open up and look at myself with a real honesty. He is so down to earth and I never feel judged for who I am. The sessions are all about me and they are my safe place where I can say anything and everything that is on my mind. I am truly grateful for my time with Jon, for his gentle, patient encouragement. I have already come a long way and I will continue my journey with him to explore the issues that are important to me.’
‘I wanted to thank you so much for helping me to overcome my various “demons” and put things in perspective to make life much more comfortable for me.
I came to you as almost a last resort, to help with the problems I was having with my sleep patterns and am so glad I did. With your help and guidance I no longer have the alarming nightmares I had been experiencing for most of my life.
Talking through so many things I worried about helped me understand and deal with them.
I was always very comfortable in our sessions, mainly (on reflection) because you are totally non judgemental and encouraged an openness in our conversations which made me much more inclined to speak about many issues I had not voiced before.
You have helped me tremendously and I am so grateful.’
I offer face to face (following government COVID-19 guidelines), online, telephone sessions and walking therapy (further details on this will be explained on initial contact).
I now counsel out of 5 Addresses:
Clarity Wellbeing Clinic
First Floor, 15b Coventry Street
Coleshill Counselling Service,
Suite A, Ground Floor, St Phillips Courtyard Church Hill
Blythe House, Coleshill
The Link, New Rd, Water Orton, Birmingham B46 1QT
Our Place Community Hub
2 South Cottages
Atherstone Active Therapy Clinic
45A Station Street
I look forward to hearing from you either by phone or by filling in the form below.